Local

The Government sadly confirms the death of an 11th resident of Gibraltar, related to COVID-19. Deepest sympathies go to the friends and family of the deceased.

CELAC met this afternoon with representatives of all constituent organisations following the new COVID-19 measures announced recently.

It is with great sadness that the Government has confirmed the deaths of two residents of Gibraltar last night, related to COVID-19.

The Government, with great concern, has confirmed a major outbreak of COVID-19 within our Elderly Residential Service. There are currently 48 residents positive with COVID-19; 39 at Mount Alvernia, 4 at the Jewish Home and 5 at the John Macintosh Home.

Further to the recently announced lockdown restrictions, the Government would like to inform the general public that lottery draws have been temporarily postponed.

Gibraltar Cultural Services is holding two competitions, an Art competition and a Short Story competition, for children and young people aged from School Years 2 to 13.

Gibraltar Cultural Services on behalf of the Ministry of Culture, as from Wednesday 6th January 2021, will be once again providing an online programming of shows, performances and other educational initiatives.

The pressure on the GHA to cope with the number of COVID-19 positive patients in our community is unprecedented and is stretching the capacity of the Accident and Emergency department and the Gibraltar Ambulance Service to critical levels.

The Minister with responsibility for Civil Contingencies has today published an amendment to the lockdown regulations where travel by car will no longer be permitted as an exception to the rules.

The Government regrets to confirm the death of an eighth resident of Gibraltar related to COVID-19.

In a press conference held today at No.6 Convent Place, Chief Minister Fabian Picardo issued 'stay at home' orders for Gibraltar and announced a legal social lockdown.

The Government has said it is increasingly concerned about the continued daily rise in active cases of COVID-19 and the serious impact that this has on the ability to provide safe and effective public services.

The Government says it regrets to confirm the death of a seventh resident of Gibraltar related to COVID- 19.

The Government has said it notes that today’s COVID-19 statistics show 180 new positive infections, a total of 714 people presently actively infected and 2,030 presently in self isolation.

Given the unprecedented number of positive cases, in order to safeguard public safety, the Contact Tracing Bureau will as from today be communicating positive results via an SMS message.

The Chief Minister, the Hon Fabian Picardo QC MP, this morning convened the COVID PLATINUM Command in order to consider the advice of the Gibraltar Health Authority’s Consultant Medical Microbiologist, Dr Nick Cortes, and other senior medical professionals in Gibraltar.

Government announced last month details on the self-isolation pay scheme to assist businesses where their employees have had to self-isolate and are unable to work.

Following the Chief Minister’s recent press conference, Gibraltar Cultural Services advises that Gibraltar’s cultural galleries and the John Mackintosh Hall will remain closed until Monday 11th January 2021.

Chief Minister Fabian Picardo addressed the nation today on the state of COVID-19 in Gibraltar and announced additional restrictions and recommendations.

The GHA’s 111 call centre and Contact Tracing Bureau has been experiencing an unprecedented volume of calls and positive test results and may not have been able to get through to everyone as soon as it would have liked.