The first International Sports Law Conference in Gibraltar will be hosted by the University of Gibraltar next week, on Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th March.
The international conference will bring together leading academics and sports law professionals. This two-day conference will be of interest to a cross-section of sport’s diverse stakeholders, including policymakers, sponsors, media, career professionals, clubs and federations, sporting bodies, agents, academics and indeed any professional industry involved in this growing and dynamic area of sports legal practice and marketing.
The conference will examine topics such as:
- Doping and discrimination in sport
- Financial fair play rules
- The role of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court in settling sports disputes
- Sports and Politics: UEFA and FIFA Cases
- IP Rights & Sports Events
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport