His Excellency the Governor, Lieutenant General Edward Davis CB CBE KStJ, and Mrs Davis, in association with the Department of Education, have announced the 2018 official Christmas card design competition for school children in Gibraltar.
The deadline for submission is 09.00 hrs on Friday 9th November 2018. Competition Guidelines:
- The competition is open to all schools in Gibraltar for Years 4 to 7 pupils.
- The Christmas card can be Landscape or Portrait in orientation.
- There should be no writing on the card.
- Designs must be done by hand. Computer programmes should not be used to create the final picture.
- To allow for easy print reproduction, designs must not be three dimensional.
- All submissions should be made through the school.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges, including His Excellency the Governor and Mrs Davis, in terms of the degree to which the card meets three criteria: a representation of the spirit and events of a Gibraltarian Christmas; visual and emotional impact; and design originality.
The Winner will receive an Apple 9.7-inch iPad 6th Generation Wi-Fi 32GB, kindly donated by Newton Systems Ltd.
The Winner along with runners-up will also be invited to lunch with His Excellency and Mrs Davis at The Convent.