The Gibraltar Health Authority is still inviting nominations for the 2015/16 staff awards programme from patients, patients’ relatives, carers and friends who have received or witnessed the provision of excellent care either to themselves or others.
The programme celebrates and recognises the contributions of staff who are responsible for transforming lives for the benefit of our society and reinforces the importance of service, innovation, teamwork and leadership. There are eight categories and nominations must be supported by a citation detailing the care experienced or witnessed by the nominator.
All nominations must be received by no later than 26th February 2016.
The categories are as follows:
- Qualified Nurse/Midwife of the Year
- Nursing Assistant/Nursing Auxiliary of the Year
- Doctor/Dentist of the Year
- Allied Health Professional of the Year
- Innovation Award
- Support Services Employee of the Year – Frontline
- Support Services Employee of the Year – Behind the Scenes
- Ward/Department of the Year
There is also an Employee of the Year award, the winner of which will be decided by the Staff Awards Committee from the nominations submitted to all the above eight categories.
Awards will be presented to the winners at a special ceremony which is to take place on the 16th May 2016.