Officers of the Crime and Protective Services Division have seized a substantial quantity of tobacco valued at approximately £110,000.
The tobacco was seized from a store within Francis Building. Four brands of tobacco, Ducal, Elyxir, Winston and Chesterfield make up the total 700,000 cigarettes seized.
Three men and a juvenile have been arrested in connection with the alleged offence.
The sixteen year old juvenile and:
- Moises SALGUERO RODRIGUEZ, a Spanish national, aged 28, of Calle Saturno, La Linea, Spain
- Shane SOIZA, a British national, aged 19, of Edinburgh Estate, Gibraltar
were jointly charged as follows:
- One count of possession of a commercial quantity of tobacco.
- One count of being knowingly concerned in the attempted exportation of a commercial quantity of tobacco.
- Once count of possession of transceiver radios.
All three were due to appear at the Magistrates’ Court at 1000hrs the 18th of February 2016.
A twenty-two year old local man was also arrested on suspicion of being knowingly concerned in the attempted exportation of tobacco. He was later released on bail pending further investigations.