The Summer Sports and Leisure Programme organised by the GSLA and sponsored by NatWest has been buzzing this last week with masses of children and young people taking advantage of the sport and leisure opportunities on offer at the Bayside Sports Complex.
Football, Gymnastics, Sports Train, Children’s Corner, Family Fun Evening, Table Tennis, Climbing and modern table top board games.
The GSLA Junior Sports Leadership Level One Award for young people aged 13 to 15 years of age has attracted a record number of young leaders and the Stay and Play Programme which has become so popular with children and young people from St Martin’s Special School has meant that additional facilities have had to be adapted to accommodate the programme.
Next week will see even more sport, leisure and fun activities on offer:
- Sports Train for 7 to 14 year olds weekday mornings 10am to 12.30pm.
- Children’s Corner Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 5 and 6 year olds 10am to 12.30pm.
- Finale of the GSLA Junior Sports Leadership Award with a mini Festival of Sport for youngsters on Tuesday 25th July.
- Modern Table Top Games :- Zombies, Get Bit, Star Wards UNO, Justo, Forbidden Island and much more for young and not so young people who enjoy games and mind twisters as part of the Wednesday Family Fun Evening which also includes climbing, soft tennis, table tennis, skills circuits and lots more.
- Fantastic spectator event as Gibraltar Amateur Basketball Association (GABBA) host the FIBA Under 16 Women European Championship Division C in the Tercentenary Sports Hall.
- Continuation of the GFA Football Coaching Clinics.
- Gibraltar Badminton Association Badminton Coaching Clinics for beginners and intermediates.
- Hockey Skills and Drills with GSLA qualified hockey coaches.
- Climbing with the Gibraltar Climbing Association.
- Water Polo at the GSLA pools.
- Learn to Swim for non-swimmers with Gibraltar Amateur Swimming Association Teachers.
- St John Ambulance Young Lifesavers Award.
- GTA Tennis coaching clinics.
- Around the World Cookery sessions with Gibraltar Youth Service.
- Arts and Crafts at the Casemates Arts and Crafts Centre, Outdoor Painting tuition at Westview Park and Eco Arts at the Alameda Gardens.
A fantastic week of sport, leisure and fun activities.
For full details please see the Summer Sports & Leisure Programme 2017 booklet available from the Bayside Sports Complex, GSLA Pools and Kings Bastion Leisure Centre or contact the Summer Sports Hotline on:
or download the programme http://gsla.gi/gsla/pdf/2017/Summer-Booklet-17.pdf