Coach education opportunities for coaches, leaders and volunteers working to develop sporting opportunities for children and young people.
A criteria for Sports Associations and Coaches who would like to work with children and young people in the school environment is now available.
• Minimum level 1 sports specific accredited coaching award.
• Police vetted.
• Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate.
• Emergency First Aid.
• Coaching Children & young people (desirable)
The GSLA strongly recommend that all Sports Associations working to develop sport for children and young people ensure their coaches meet the abovementioned criteria.
Two of the coaching modules designed to meet the above requirements will be available in the near future.
Coach Education workshops.
• Wednesday 10th February - 6pm to 9.30pm - GSLA Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop.
• Wednesday 1st March - 6 to 9pm – GSLA Coaching Children and Young People led by Lizanne Pardo.
Both courses will be held at the Bayside Sports Centre lecture rooms (first floor admin block).